UltraMealA® Plus is a medical food formulated to nutritionally support the management of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease, including hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia, and hypertension. UltraMeal PlusaEU"along with a low-glycemic-index dietary program and regular exerciseaEU"has been clinically tested and shown to improve 14 markers of cardiovascular health and support a healthy body composition (a healthy ratio of lean muscle mass to fat mass). Each serving of UltraMeal Plus provides:
- A proprietary soy protein and plant sterol blend that provides 2 grams of plant sterols (including beta-sitosterol) and 15 grams of soy protein per serving. Foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 25 grams of soy protein a day may reduce the risk of heart disease. Soy protein has also been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects.
- 600 mg of dairy-free calcium (60% RDI). Calcium, along with regular exercise and a healthy diet, can play a significant role in reducing the rate of bone loss or bone thinning and protecting bone strength.
- 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF)aEU"a body-ready, nature-identical folateaEU"to promote healthy homocysteine levels for cardiovascular health.
- Low-glycemic-index meal option to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Good source of fiber for gastrointestinal health.
- Comprehensive foundation nutrition for overall health.
THE NATIONAL CHOLESTEROL EDUCATION PANEL OF THE NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH RECOMMENDS A HEALTHY DIET AND REGULAR EXERCISE, ALONG WITH THE CONSUMPTION OF 2 GRAMS OF PLANT STEROLS AND 10-25 GRAMS OF FIBER DAILY, TO PROMOTE CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH.
- Provides 2 grams of plant sterols per serving. The NIH recommends consumption of 2 grams of plant sterols to promote healthy cholesterol levels. Foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Supplies a low-glycemic-index formula for cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome patients.
- Provides a full complement of vitamins and minerals, including non-dairy calcium and chromium.